Yaaayyyy… Happy New Month once again. We are kicking off the new month with a guest post 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Our guest writer today, is a US based trained Aesthetician, wife, mom and skin care blogger; Bebe Andrew-Jaja. She will be talking about 5 basic skin care routines every lady should know and why.
I came across her page @kremeng on Instagram early this year, and I fell in love right away! She’s very passionate about skin care and knows her onions too. What I love the most is the way she breaks down all the skin care lingua, and articulates clearly on products that will work on different skin types, which makes it easy to pick up the right products off the shelf. I knew it will be selfish of me not to get her on here to share some of her skin care knowledge with my amazing family via this post…
She is also offering free consultation to anyone who would love to know what specific product(s) to use for their skin type 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 How cool is that 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Okay enough of this my plenty talk, Let’s get right into the post shall we…
5 BASIC SKIN CARE ROUTINES EVERY LADY SHOULD KNOW AND WHY – BEBE ANDREW-JAJA
When it comes to skincare products it is a jungle out there. There is a plethora of products out there, different steps, processes and algorithms that it can be confusing to the average person. Sometimes, you find yourself in a beauty store, scratching your head and wondering what it is exactly you need and why? There really is no one size fits all, but what is important, is establishing a basic routine that is easy to follow and will start you on your journey to flawless skin.
1. CLEANSER: The first step to any routine is cleansing. There are various cleansers for different skin types and conditions. It is important to use a cleanser because it takes off make up and dirt which cleans the pores and prep the skin for other products.
Certain cleansers like cleansing milks have ingredients that soften dry skin. While other cleansers may also have active ingredients like acids that help treat certain skin conditions.
2. TONER: The second step after cleansing should be your toner. Toners are a vital step for all skin type. Toners remove dirt that may have been left on the skin after cleansing. Most importantly, toners restores and balance the skin’s alkaline level after cleansing. A good toner should leave your skin hydrated and in some cases depending on the ingredients, it could improve certain skin conditions
3. MOISTURIZER: The third step is your moisturizer. Moisturizers are products formulated to add moisture to the skin. They are intended for daily use and are available for different skin types and conditions. Using a moisturizer is essential because it nourishes your skin, it balances the oil-water content of your skin which helps to prevent acne, it protects your skin from environmental elements and treats various skin conditions.
Tips: Cleanser, Toner, and Moisturizer should be used twice a day; morning and evening.
4. SUNSCREEN: Lastly for the daily routine is sunscreen. No one should skip this step. The use of sunscreen daily will protect the skin from harmful UV radiation. Daily sun exposure without sunscreen can lead to skin cancer, hyperpigmentation, ageing, reduction of elastin and collagen and free radical damage to the skin.
There are now several types of sunscreen to fit different types of skin types and conditions. For example, there are oil free sunscreen for more oil prone skin or sunscreen infused with antioxidants to add nourishment as well as protection. I recommend using a minimum of SPF30 daily whether you’re staying indoors or going outdoors and re applying often.
Tips: Suncscreen should be used once a day in the morning.
WEEKLY ROUTINE (1-2 times a week)
5. EXFOLIATION: Exfoliation refers to the removal of the outer layer of the skin. There are different types of treatment available from scrubs to strong surgical peels. It is important to exercise caution when using exfoliating treatments. Make sure to use the right type of exfoliant and techniques for your skin. That said there are benefits to exfoliation. It increases cell turnover rate rapidly, deep pore cleansing, skin texture us smoother, product penetration is improved and blood flow and circulation is improved.
I hope you found this helpful… I know a lot of people will have questions, ranging from What products would she recommend for me? Where can I buy these products? How do I know the best product for my skin type? How do I treat a skin problem? Like I mentioned earlier in this post, @kremeng will be doing free consultations for my amazing readers 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻 Find her details below
Instagram : @Kremeng
Don’t forget to mention you are from this amazing community oooo😉
What are your thoughts? What would you like to know about skin care? Would you like to know my skin care routine and current favourite products? drop a comment below 😉
Related Post: Eating For Beautiful Skin.
New Blog Post: Just Like That, It’s The 7th Month.
Till my next post; stay healthy
My little children, these things write I unto you that ye may not sin. And if any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 1John 2:1