Yaaayyyy!!! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻It’s actually our very first sewing Post… So let me officially welcome you to our “Sewcializing” 👗corner of the blog 😉. Being able to sew is just *bae* because it puts so much power in your hands plus it allows you to easily transform/refashion your garments to suit your changing style thereby saving you some cash.
So, I have had this beautiful wrapper that I have only worn once ( on my wedding day; 2013) The other times I have tried to wear it, I always feel like i’m too dressy ( guess maybe because it’s my hubby’s traditional attire) so I end up not wearing it. However I couldn’t just give up on the wrapper because I loved it so much. I finally found a way to refashion it and I thought I should share. It’s super easy and you don’t have to be an expert in sewing before you can take on this project. It’s a beginners project and this is why it’s our very first post.
“Sew” let’s get started…
What you would be needing:
WRAPPER / DESIRED FABRIC (2 yards)
SAFETY & FABRIC PINS
NEEDLE & THREAD / SEWING MACHINE
FABRIC MARKER / CHALK
- Using your Measuring Tape, measure your desired length (adding 2 inch allowance for your elastic and hem) Mark with your Fabric Marker and Cut.
- Facing right sides together, measure 1 inch or less (depending on the side allowance you want) and sew either with your sewing machine if you have one or with needle and thread.
- Using your elastic band as a measuring guide, fold your fabric over it, to determine the band size.
Tips: For a neat finish, and to avoid frails, use a fabric binder before the fold over, or you can fold twice.
- Once you’ve determined the band size, using your elastic as a guide, Pin the edges down, using your fabric pin and sew along the pinned line, leaving an opening to pass your elastic through.
- Once you’ve passed your elastic through, overlap the elastic and sew down using a zigzag stitch, Tuck it in and close the opening. And Viola!!! You have a brand new skirt 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻
Approximated Time: 20 minutes using sewing machine… Yes! its that easy and fast.
Check out how I styled it here
What do you think? Do you have any Questions? What would you like to see? Please leave a comment to let me know.
Till my next post; Sewcialize 😉
But the lord is faithful, who will establish you and guard you from the evil one. II Thessalonians 3:3